Mini Free Insurance
One year’s free comprehensive insurance offered on selected new MINI Cooper models. To qualify, your MINI must be registered between 1st January and 30th June 2012. Call MINI Car Insurance on 0844 854 1793 to arrange your free insurance.
Terms & Conditions
- Comprehensive Insurance, including the following cover;
- Liability to others
- Theft or Damage (including replacement of locks and keys)
- UK Accident Recovery
- 24 hour Legal Advice Helpline
- Windscreen cover
- Car contents up to £500
- Personal Accident cover up to £10,000
- Policies will run for 1 year only (12 calendar months from date of inception).
- Excess for accidental damage, fire and theft applies; £250 with an additional £250 excess for drivers under 25 at time of policy inception.
- Territory – England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales only.
- Cover for Social, Domestic and Pleasure including Commuting.
Driver’s eligibility criteria
- Minimum age of all drivers 21.
- Maximum age of all drivers 80.
- Private individuals only.
- First registered keeper of the vehicle only.
- All drivers must have held a current, full UK or EU Licence for a minimum of 1 year.
- All drivers must have been permanently resident in the UK for a minimum of 1 year.
- Maximum of 3 drivers permitted (policyholder plus 2 named drivers) - all drivers subject to the same eligibility criteria.
If you do not meet the above eligibility criteria then please call MINI Car Insurance on 0844 854 1793 for a quotation. We may still be able to offer you an annual insurance policy that will include a contribution from MINI.
- MINI Cooper and Cooper D range, Soho, Hampton, and Pimlico Special Editions only built to the manufacturers UK specification and sold via an authorised MINI UK dealer.
- You must be the first registered owner of the vehicle.
- Drivers disqualified from driving or who have had their licence revoked for any reason within the last 5 years.
- Drivers with more than 2 minor convictions within the last 3 years (Minor convictions codes: CU, MW, PC, PL, SP, TS only).
- All other conviction codes are declined.
- Drivers with more than one fault or theft claim within the last 3 years, excluding windscreen claims.
- Drivers with convictions other than those shown under Drivers Eligibility Criteria.
- Any driver with a non-motoring related conviction.
- Any driver who has been previously declined insurance or had an insurance contract cancelled.
- Modified vehicles – other than official optional extras fitted and sold by the manufacturer or an official MINI dealer at date of purchase. No performance enhancing modifications will be permitted.
- The following models are excluded from the offer: MINI Cooper S, Cooper SD, JCW, One, One D, First.
- MINI Coupe, MINI Roadster and MINI Goodwood Special Edition models are excluded.
- Purchases in the Isle Of Man and Channel Islands are excluded.
- Cover for business use is excluded.
Additional terms & conditions
- The policy start date will be the date of collection or delivery of your vehicle.
- Mid term adjustment - acceptable if still within qualifying criteria above.
- We may charge an admin fee to you for changes made 30 days after policy start date.
- Allianz reserve the right to cancel the policy following notification of a change in material facts (e.g. the insured is disqualified from driving post inception of the policy).
- New car replacement after a total loss is limited to one replacement per policy. Pre-registered and ex-demonstration cars will not be replaced as new.
- Proof of No Claims Discount (NCD) should be provided within 21 days of policy inception. If no NCD proof is provided, next years renewal premium will be calculated using the NCD earned with Allianz Insurance plc (i.e. the period of the free insurance) and not the NCD declared at inception.