MINI Car Insurance is sold, underwritten and administered by Allianz Insurance plc. You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us. We only offer our own product for motor insurance.
Data protection act notification
Allianz Insurance plc and other companies within the Allianz Group may use personal details you give in order to provide you with a quotation, deal with your policy, or support the development of our business by including your home and motor details in customer surveys. This could include searching the files of credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of the search. We may contact you and ask necessary questions. We will store your details on computer but will not keep them for longer than necessary. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act you are entitled to a copy of any information we hold about you (you may incur a nominal fee). Telephone calls between you and us may be monitored and recorded.
Under the Data Protection Act we can only discuss the details of your policy with you. If you would like anyone else to act on your behalf, please ring 0344 854 1782 and let us know.
BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd and the BMW group of companies will use your personal details to:
- confirm, update and improve their customer records.
- analyse and develop their relationships with you.
- help in processing any applications you may make.
- identify and market products and services that may be of interest to you either directly or via Allianz Insurance plc.
- carry out statistical analyses.
The BMW group may also disclose your information to authorised BMW Dealers and other carefully selected partners so they may let you know about other appropriate products or services which they feel may be of interest to you. The BMW group will not sell your information to third parties.
If you would prefer not to receive information about such products and services please tell us when you next call, or write to BMW Financial Services, Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB.
Your personal details may be transferred to countries outside the European Union. They will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of English law.
Fraud prevention, detection and claims history
In order to detect or prevent fraud we may at any time:
- share information about you with other members of the Allianz group.
- pass your details to Insurance Hunter, a central insurance application and claims checking system, whereby it may be checked against information held by Insurance Hunter and shared with other insurers.
- check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this and share it with other agencies.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities.
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt.
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance.
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
Please contact us on 0344 854 1782 if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
We and other organisations may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries.
Insurers pass information to the Claims & Underwriting Exchange register, run by Insurance Database Services Ltd (IDS Ltd). The aim is to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. We may at any time search the register including when dealing with your request for insurance. Under the conditions of your policy you must tell us about an incident (such as a fire or a theft) which may or may not give rise to a claim. When you tell us about an incident we will pass information relating to it to the database. We can supply more information on the database if you request it. You should show this notice to anyone who has an interest in property insured under this policy.
Allianz Insurance plc may seek information from other insurers and information agencies to check the information you may have supplied and Allianz Insurance plc may provide the information you have supplied to other insurers for the same purpose.
Motor insurance database
Information relating to your insurance policy will be added to the Motor Insurance Database ("MID") managed by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau ("MIB"). MID and the data stored on it may be used by certain statutory and/or authorised bodies including the police, the DVLA, the DVLANI, the Insurance Fraud Bureau and other bodies permitted by law for purposes not limited to but including:
- Electronic Licensing
- Continuous Insurance Enforcement
- Law enforcement (prevention, detection, apprehension and/or prosecution of offenders)
- The provision of government services and/or other services aimed at reducing the level and incidence of uninsured driving.
If you are involved in a road traffic accident (either in the UK, the EEA or certain other territories), insurers and/or the MIB may search the MID to obtain relevant information. Persons (including his or her appointed representatives) pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
It is vital that the MID holds your correct registration number. If it is incorrectly shown on the MID you are at risk of having your vehicle seized by the police.
You can check that your correct registration number details are shown on the MID at www.askmid.com
Law and language applicable to contract
Unless we agree otherwise:
- the language of the policy and all communications relating to it will be in English.
- all aspects of this policy including negotiation and performance are subject to English law and the decisions of English courts.
How long will it take us to look into your complaint?
Within 5 days
We'll confirm that we've got your complaint, and give you the name of the person who's looking into it.
Within 4 weeks
- Send you our final response to your complaint and tell you our reason for it
- Or explain why we can't give you a final response just yet and let you know when we can
Within 8 weeks
- Send you our final response to your complaint and tell you our reasons for it
- Or explain why we still can't give you a final response, let you know when we can, and tell you how to get in touch with the Financial Ombudsman Service if you want to
If you have a complaint please contact our Customer Satisfaction Manager at:
MINI Car Insurance
2530 The Quadrant
Alternatively phone: 0344 854 1782
If you’re not happy
If you’re not satisfied with our final response, or with our reasons for not getting back to you sooner, you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), which offers a free, independent complaint resolution service.
You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of the final response letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Using our complaints procedure or contacting the FOS does not affect your legal rights.
The European Commission has an online dispute resolution service for consumers who have a complaint about a product or service bought online. If you choose to submit your complaint this way it will be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Alternatively, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service directly.
Significant features, benefits and exclusions to your cover
For a summary of cover and the main exclusions that may apply, please read the Policy Summary
MINI Car Insurance is sold, underwritten and administered by Allianz Insurance plc registered in England number 84638. Registered office: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1DB. Allianz Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register No. 121849.
MINI Financial Services is a trading name of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, registered office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB. BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited and Allianz Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.
Conditions of policy
The information that you provide and the declarations that you make when obtaining a policy are the basis of the contract of insurance between you and Allianz Insurance plc.
When providing information in order to obtain your car insurance policy you must ensure all the information given is true and complete.
Should you require help, please call us on 0330 102 2134. Lines are open 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday.
Failure to ENSURE THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE may mean that your policy becomes invalid or does not operate in the event of claim.
These are the terms and conditions which relate to your policy and should be referred to in conjunction with your policy documentation. If you have any questions relating to this please contact MINI Car Insurance on 0330 102 2134. Lines are open 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday.
You have confirmed that the following statements are true.
You and all other drivers:
- have not been refused insurance or had terms imposed, had cover cancelled or declined.
- have not been convicted of any non-motor criminal offence, have any criminal prosecutions pending or received a police caution. Convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 are excluded.
- have not been disqualified from driving at any time in the last 5 years.
- have no connection with any of the following businesses or professions, foreign service or diplomatic personnel, gambling industry, general dealers, market traders, mini-cab drivers, professional sports, salvage or scrap merchants.
- have not been required to notify a medical condition to the DVLA or, if a driver has, the DVLA has confirmed that the driver can keep their licence. Drivers are required by law to inform the Drivers Medical Branch at the DVLA if they have any disability (including any physical or mental condition) which is, or may become, likely to affect their fitness as a driver. Follow link to DVLA Medical Information to view a list of medical conditions which may affect your fitness as a driver.
- is owned or leased by you, your spouse or civil partner; and
- is registered to be kept by you, your spouse or civil partner.
- is a United Kingdom model and manufactured specifically for use in the United Kingdom.
- has not been modified or altered in anyway (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine) other than high level brake lights, security equipment, sun roof, tow bar or due to a disability as defined in the Disability Discrimination Act 1995. If your vehicle has been modified or altered please contact MINI Car Insurance on 0330 102 2134. Lines are open 8am -8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5pm Saturday.
- is registered in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- is kept at the address stated.
- does not have more than 8 seats (including driver).
- is not a van, commercial vehicle or car with only three wheels.
- is only used in accordance with the Class of Use you have selected.
The car is not used in connection with or for:
- the motor trade, hiring, carrying passengers for reward, racing, speed testing, competitions, rallies, trials or on track days.
If you do not agree with the above conditions or you are unsure of any of the terms please contact MINI Car Insurance on 0330 102 2134. Lines are open 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 5pm Saturday.